Saturday, February 17, 2018

Dog Years🐶

Chuc mung nam moi everyone!  Today is the new year for many Asian countries.  We Vietnamese call it “Tet”.  It is the biggest holiday over there kind of like Christmas over here.  My family is celebrating tomorrow, we usually gather over at my parents.  There are also festivities at the Buddhist temple and some around town.  It’s funny because the only time I see so many Asians around here is during New Years.  There is not a lot of cultural diversity where I live but it is a lot better than it used to be. 
I made a sale on Etsy today so the year is off to a good start.👍  It is for this turquoise copper bird charm bracelet.  A good sign I hope.

I have more items to list maybe next week.  I’ve been really busy at work and also with stuff around the house.  Actually things have been really hectic in general this month.  Being caught in the middle of this tug of war with the family is emotionally draining and I just wish everyone could get along.  I try to distance myself by knitting and watching the Olympics.  The latest project I’m working on is this hat for my sister in law.  Her birthday was on the 1st but we usually celebrate it on New Years because it’s so close.  Her favorite color is purple, hope she likes...

That’s it for now.  Need to get this hat done by tomorrow.  I don’t have to work on Monday because of Presidents Day, yay for that🐶




No comments:

Post a Comment