Monday, September 20, 2010

Recycle/Upcycle Anyone?



Happy Monday, my favorite day of the week, WHATEVER! I had a pretty busy weekend so I didn't have time to make anything new. I participated in an autism awareness race on Saturday, a cause that is very near and dear to my heart because my 7 year old son has autism. All proceeds go to help educate, inform, and raise awareness to this rapidly growing disorder!

My 20% off everything in my shop promo was a bust but I did have a couple of people mention that they will purchase in the near future when they have the money:) I finally decided that I am for sure going to open up another shop and sell strictly recycled/upcycled items. Don't know yet if I am going to call it Trashy Treasures but that is my top choice:) I really enjoy "refurbishing" old items and making them into something new but I don't think it fits with the new creations that I am selling in my shop. Another plus is that my husband likes to take stuff apart and create new things, he loves his Make magazine, lol, so this could actually become a joint venture:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is wonderful cause. I have a lot of relatives with autism spectrum disorders, and am planning on attending an autism walk in the near future with my family. :)

    Good idea for a new shop. I like to upcycle older creations that didn't come out so well into usable scraps so that I can make the quilted pincushions. Good luck with your recycling ventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great Jessica, I thank you for supporting the cause:) I think everyone nowadays knows of someone with an autism spectrum disorder so it is important to spread the awareness and be informed.

    I actually think the recycle/upcycle is more fun but they haven't been selling such as the bottle cap pendants so hopefully focusing in on them with a seperate shop will do better. If not then no harm done, I'll just give them all away as gifts, lol.

    ReplyDelete