Sunday, August 22, 2010

Metal Stamping Practice



I finally got a chance to test out my metal stamping kit. The hardest part seems to be centering the letters. Also it seems like you need to have extreme upper body strength to use the punching tool that comes with the letter/number bits so I ended up using a hammer to finish the silver one since the metal on that one is much harder. For the silver one I blackened the letters with a permanent black marker and them wiped off the excess with a baby wipe. The brass metal charm was a lot easier to punch through because the metal was softer. I didn't color that one with a marker since it is a natural metal that wasn't chemically processed like the silver one and I wanted to keep it natural looking. I hope to get better with lots of practice! The silver charms were really cheap and on sale so I will be practicing on those.

I made a few more items this weekend that I will post in my shop throughout the week. I want to try posting at least 1 item every day so that my stuff continually gets on the "recently listed" page. I guess if I make it a routine I will be motivated to keep things going. I'm so bad with time management! I think I *might* be ready to do my first blog giveaway within the next couple of weeks. My son starts school next week so that will give me time on the 2 Fridays I have off a month to work on that kind of stuff. Hope everyone has a great week, until next time!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment