Thursday, November 30, 2017

Messages From The Other Side

This Saturday will be 2 weeks since my mother in laws passing.  Since that time we have already received messages from her.  Whether you believe in that kind of stuff or not, the coincidences are just uncanny.  Most of the time you have to be open to receiving the messages.  Since I already had a close friend who passed, I was open to receiving and was able to pick up on my MIL’s messages.  The day after she died we went back to her apartment to start clearing out stuff.  My husband asked me if he thinks his mom will ever try to contact him.  J is aware of all the feathers I came across after my friend died but wondered if there was anything else.  I told him to watch for anything that comes up that reminds him of her and that it will be pretty obvious.  And sure as shit not a few minutes later one of her favorite tv shows Dr. Who comes on while I digging through her sewing box.  Right at the same time I came across an old newspaper clipping of her engagement announcement to someone that J doesn’t even know with a picture of her on it that was hidden in between some blank folded up papers.  This was significant because one of the things we used to talk about a lot was all of her failed engagements, she was engaged 8 times!  
Then on Thanksgiving I came across this on Pinterest.  The date written on the page was the day she died 11/18/17.  


And don’t get me started on the necklace!  This was definitely a message from her.  It almost made me cry because despite being in and out of many bad relationships, I know deep down in her heart she was a true romantic.  And I also think in a way she was trying to apologize for coming in between J and I for so long.  There are other things such as the feather we found by our mailbox the other day and some strange whooshing noises coming through the phone while J was talking to the funeral director at the mortuary.  Then yesterday my MIL’s cat knocked down an empty cremation urn that we had sitting on top of the counter.  She was probably trying to tell J to get with it and turn in the cremation paperwork!
So even though it has been rough, there is comfort in knowing that she is still with us somehow.  All we got to do is believe.🧚🏼‍♀️

No comments:

Post a Comment