Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Run in Circles

Hello everyone!👋  Sometimes I wonder how many people actually read my blog.  What if I am really talking to myself??  Well Xmas is over for another year.  I had a great time with the fam last Friday.  Everyone thinks it is cool that I started knitting, they all love the scarf I made for John.  That’s great because guess what you’re all getting next year!  I’ve been experiencing some holiday blues this year.  There’s just this vibe of loneliness in the air.  It was nice to see my mom & John bond over their recent losses though. My mom gave me the most beautiful birthday card, she said she cried writing it because she was thinking of her sister that just died. 


I gave her a hug but didn’t cry until I read it again the next day.  I don’t know why my emotions usually hit me later on.  It’s almost like I need time to process what I am feeling if that makes any sense.
As far as projects go I haven’t done much because of the holidays.  I did start working with circular needles and I have to say that the ones I am using now are a dream to work with.  I started out with 29 inch circulars to make a hat but found it hard to work with because the wires kept twisting.  Then I read somewhere that it is better to have your work cinch up on shorter needles rather than spread apart with longer ones.  The ones recommended for hats are 16 inches.  Here is what I am currently working on:


It does cinch up a little but so much easier to work with than the longer ones.  For chunkier yarn I might go up to 24 inches which is the only size between 16 & 29.  
I feel guilty for not working on my Etsy shop.  I will again eventually.  The nice thing is that I can go at my own pace when I am listing things.  Right now I’m enjoying my knitting time.  I saw a video on FB the other day about this 91 year old elderly man that is living his final days knitting hats for those in need.  He already made 8000 of them!!  What an inspiration, I want to be just like him in my final days.
I will post one more time before the year ends.  Probably talk about some goals for 2018 or whatever and some ramblings of stuff that happened this year.  Until next time!✍️

No comments:

Post a Comment