Monday, December 18, 2017

Almost Christmas Already🤶🏼

Can’t believe there is only 1 more week until Christmas 🎄.  I had a good birthday.  It is always nice when people take time out of their day to wish me a happy birthday.  It means that they thought of you and that to me is really special.  This year our family Birthmas celebration is on Friday 22nd.  Earlier tonight we attended a Christmas choir concert at my son’s school.  I’m so proud of him for participating in this!  He’s been in choir since 7th grade and tonight he participated in his first high school concert in front of 1200 people.  He did great but wanted to sit the whole time, haha, but at least he did it!  Wednesday his class is taking a field trip to neighboring schools to do some Christmas caroling.  I can’t express how proud I am of his independence lately.  It has been hard for me to let go but I am starting to trust that he is capable of handling things on his own.  
I don’t have much to cover today except this lovely gray beanie that I made over the weekend.  It took me about 3 hours.  I used the Wool and the Gang yarn that I posted in a previous post.  I have to say that this yarn has been my absolute favorite to use so far and I am definitely buying more in the future.  It is so soft and easy to work with.  The stitch I used was a seed stitch which is an alternating knit/purl combo.  I love the way it turned out!


It seriously makes me giddy knowing that I can knit all these things.  It is not just a hobby but a true life skill that I can use in case of a crisis.  



And there is just so much to learn.  The next thing I am going to try is how to use circular needles.  I don’t know if I mentioned this before but my go to place to learn practically any new skill is on YouTube.  I will post a link with my saved playlist of knitting tutorials either in a future blog post or to my google+ page.  I also created a Pinterest board for knitting related stuff. Have a great week.  I get Friday & Monday off for Christmas🎄🎄🎄🎄

No comments:

Post a Comment