Monday, December 4, 2017

My first black light yoga

Hello everyone.  Hope you are all doing well.  I had a busy but fun weekend but I think I am getting sick 😷.  Saturday I was out and about for most of the day.  I had such a great time at the soul pose yoga event.  I went to the afternoon session which was at 1pm but I arrived 45 minutes early to browse over the vendor tables and grab some goodies.  Mostly a lot of yoga related stuff and healthy stuff and free cans of LaCroix.  And samples of White Claw which only gave me a slight buzz on an empty stomach.  Our yoga mat, towel & coffetti pack were out on the floor.  

It was mostly groups of women but there were actually quite a few people that came solo including men.  There were also families, couples, and boys/girls of all ages.  I went over and sat next to another lady that was by herself.  I really liked the yoga instructor which I picked based on her bio.  It helps to practice with an instructor who you can relate with and is in line with your beliefs.  She had us focus on our heart chakra which is associated with the energy center for love and compassion.  It is represented by the color green so she had us focus on that color as well.  The 1st half hour was straight yoga. I consider myself at an intermediate level since I’ve been practicing yoga on and off for over 15 years.  I actually found this session pretty challenging especially because the yoga mats they supplied to us were crappy.  I kept sliding off my mat, a decent yoga mat should be somewhat sticky.  Before the half hour she had us do group activities which I didn’t feel too comfortable with but I went along with it.  We all held hands in a kumbaya type of way.  Then she had us partner up, so I partnered up with the lady next to me.  It was so awkward because we had to get in each other’s personal space!  But she was really cool and what a neat experience it was to be able to bond with and trust a stranger.  Then after that the instructor had us throw our confetti and then some cheesy dancing.  Then yoga for the rest of the hour.  Overall a great experience that I will definitely participate in if they are in town again next year.  And it was a really good value for $20.00.  As we were leaving they gave us each this pretty bracelet as a thank you and for making it through the session.  It is actually nicely constructed.  I wore it all day today!


I haven’t had much time to work on any projects over the weekend but I am learning new knitting patterns and working my way to completing a project.  I am getting better at reading yarn labels and finding the right needles to use.  Have a great week and Namaste 🙏 

No comments:

Post a Comment