Sunday, December 10, 2017

Knit knit knitting away

It seems like I have developed a knitting addiction.  Lately when I don’t have any plans or have to be somewhere I am usually knitting.  It’s been really good for me.  It reduces my stress and anxiety.  I am surprised by how much I enjoy it because usually any type of repetition drives me crazy!  I used to loom knit years ago but got tired of it after a few months.  There’s just something about using the needles that are more satisfying.  I finished a 60 inch/5 foot scarf today and even added on some fringe.


I mean if you look closely you can see some mistakes but oh well I think it turned out great for my first full length scarf.  I also finished my first hat but I am almost embarrassed to post it because I didn’t follow any guidelines so the proportions look kinda off😅.  I overestimated the width & underestimated the length!  The pompom was super easy and fun to make.  


And last but not least I am working on a nice cozy scarf for J’s birthday.  This one is turning out really nice.  I love the colors, it is made from the Isaac Mizrahi yarn I posted on my last post.  I will probably need to buy another skein to make the scarf long enough.  


So far I have only been using the knit/garter stitch.  My next project I am going to use knit/purl combo.  I just wanted to finish a project first!  I have also been taking notes as I go along.  Happy knitting!🧣

No comments:

Post a Comment